Red, White & Blue Wedding Invitations 1 comment

Nov 14, 2014 | ,


Sarah contacted me about designing the invitations for her 1940’s military-themed wedding. She knew she wanted a Red, White + Blue design, something with a suggestion of military, but not over-the-top. I designed up a simple invitation and rsvp card using what I would consider to be 40s-style fonts. Just a hint of military, but not too much.


I decided to go with a heavyweight linen duplex paper from Mohawk - navy blue on one side and white on the reverse. The invitations were screen printed using red and white ink.



A vellum wrap featuring a vintage photo of the U.S.S. Midway from the 1940’s keeps the suite neatly packaged. These were printed using a difficult (at least difficult to me!) technique - printing the photograph on one side, then screen printing a distressed white background on the reverse side.

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Cruise parties are so much fun. Its my dream to throw a party on cruise but for now I cannot afford them so, that is why I have decided to throw my upcoming party at best event halls in Philadelphia. Hope my guest will love the location I have chosen for.

Post a Comment