30 Projects in 30 Days: #25 0 comments

Oct 7, 2013 |
Got to work last week on this *seemingly* simple bench. Oh yes, it was very simple, that is, until I got to those cross-braces. The plan was wrong and offered no help as to how to measure them or cut them correctly. So I sat and thought about it for some time. I only had enough lumber to make one cut. Two cuts would signal disaster.

So I: worked a little around the house. Did a load of laundry. Ate some lunch. Threw the stick for Lincoln. And when I got back - I messed around with it, did some measuring, cut the boards and they fit perfectly!!! Yippee!

All in all, it took about 3 hours to build.

The plan called for a 1 x 12" for the top. I had several 2 x 6s" laying around so I opted to use them instead. I kind of like it. It makes it look a little more solid. 

Oh Lincoln. How sad you look. You know you’re about to get scolded.

The bench with the final color!

No comments:

Post a Comment