30 Projects in 30 Days: #29 0 comments

Sep 18, 2013 | ,
I actually did this yesterday but because the finish on the cabinet wasn’t quite dry, I wasn’t able to upload the pictures til this morning. Well, what can I say. A very simple cabinet that took longer to finish than it did to build. Made completely of salvaged and scrap boards. I really had no inclination to have a black cabinet, but once I painted the base color (which happened to be black), I really liked how it looked. I must be inspired by the thought of Halloween coming or something. The finish didn’t really go quite as expected, but, I really like the way it turned out. It looks very vintage.

Time: To build, 1 hr. 45 minutes.
Cost: $0

Unfinished, getting ready for the base coat.
Now I know why I painted the cabinet black. Because Mr. Abraham Lincoln here wouldn’t leave me alone the entire time I was building it. I nearly cut his nose off with a jigsaw.
The cabinet after the first coat of black.
John Wilkes Booth, what the heck are you doing? That was yesterday’s project.
 John Wilkes getting ready for the assassination.
 Ta-dah!
The finish — close-up. Don’t you just love it?

No comments:

Post a Comment