Valentine Clipboard Message 0 comments

Feb 11, 2013 | ,
I picked this way cool vintage clipboard up at an antique store a couple of years ago and have had it regretfully sitting under my desk since then. The store was closing up shop and getting rid of everything for pennies on the dollar. Let’s just say this clipboard was not the only treasure I walked out with that day, but sadly, this guy is the only thing I haven’t found a use for — that is until now!

Wouldn’t it be quietly creative to simply print out a Valentine saying in bold letters, add a little glitter and hang it on the wall for all to see? 


Just to shake things up a bit I used a page from a vintage bookkeeper’s journal { from the same antique store!!! } that was free of stains and writing. The page from the journal was very large, so it had to be cut down to 8.5" x 11" to fit through the printer.

Using a brush, I applied an even coat of glue to the heart, extending just beyond the edge of the ink line. I then spread a generous helping of glitter over the heart, watching for any bare spots, and applying small dabs of glue and glitter to areas that I missed.






Once the message is finished, hook it under the metal clip and hang somewhere for the world to see. I’m thinking I may have found a permanent home for my vintage clipboard. I thought once about using it to hang the kids’ homework, etc., but I think this clipboard is too dignified. 

Download the PDF template here:

No comments:

Post a Comment