More butter, please. 0 comments

Jan 25, 2012 | ,
Just got all of our homegrown popcorn put in to jars and vacuum-sealed with my new “jar sealer” that came in the mail today. {Very Cool Contraption}. Now I can store all 20+ quart jars of popcorn for hopefully a couple of centuries, because, folks, that’s how long it’s going to take us to eat it. 

I decided to dress them up with some custom cigar band labels using a scrap of paper I’ve had for a while. Here’s what I did:

1. Created the labels in Adobe Illustrator. {I staggered the labels in the layout to maximize the space. I would have only gotten 4 to a sheet had I not spaced the labels out the way I did.}  
2. Ran the paper through the inkjet. The scrap of paper I had was a 12 x 12" sheet of scrapbooking paper, so I cut it down to 8.5 x 12" to be able to fit it through the inkjet.
3. Cut the labels out, then taped them around the back of the jars where the bands meet.
This is what the label file looked like:

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment